Register a Trademark in India
>>>Protect your brand with a trademark in India<<<
If you are thinking of registering a trademark in India, you are in the right place. Trademark Angel offers very competitive prices and is capable of doing all types of trademark work in India. Trademark registration process is quite similar to the Canadian process with some important differences.
Important highlights about the Indian registration process:
There are two types of applications available: a) Proposed to Use and b) Already in Use.
In both types of applications, your application is assigned a serial number and examined after filing.
Your trademark is reviewed on absolute and relative grounds and it can be refused if there is a similar mark or if the mark is merely descriptive.
No specimens of use are required. No use is required before registration.
For a straightforward trademark application, you are looking at 10 months before your trademark registers.
In India, there is provision of show cause hearing, if there are any objections from the Trademark registry.
We have a designated Indian Trademark Attorney so we can take care of all your legal needs in India, from filing to opposition and litigation. We can also help with other legal matters in India.
Pricing of Our Packages
The prices are in USD$ for India
- Covers filing your application and reporting the progress all the way to registration. Single class. This is our entry-level package.
- Covers full trademark registration, including reporting and responding to non-substantive examiner’s objections. Single class. Re-filing guarantee.
Details about Indian trademark packages
Government fees are not included in our packages and are extra
There are 3 ways how you can proceed:
- Book an initial phone call with us. Here is the link.
- Ask for a free preliminary trademark search to get an idea whether your trademark can be registered. This is a basic search but if your mark is unregistrable, we’ll be able to tell you. Order your search here.
- Buy a trademark package right away to start the trademark registration process without further delay. You can see our pricing on this page and can buy directly from our website.
What happens after I buy a trademark package?
- We’ll confirm your order.
- We’ll check if your trademark is registrable. A comprehensive trademark search will be done at this stage. We will provide detailed recommendations how to increase chances of achieving registration if your trademark turns out to be problematic.
- If your trademark is registrable, we’ll move forward with the trademark registration process.
- If your trademark has low chances of achieving registration, you will have 3 options:
- Ask for a full refund;
- Come up with a different name. We will provide detailed instructions for this. Further trademark searches are included in the package and there is no extra cost. We’ll keep searching until we find a registrable trademark;
- Proceed with the filing anyway.
The choice is yours. Make the first step now.
To open in a new tab, click: How does the process work with Trademark Angel? What happens after I buy a trademark package?
You can use ® symbol if your Indian trademark has registered. Using the symbol ® unless your trademark is registered in India is unlawful.
Using ™ symbol with your trademark means that you claim to be the owner of the trademark and that you use the trademark as a “source indicator”. You can use the ™ symbol ™ in India on registered or unregistered trademarks.
To open in a new tab, click: Who can use the registered mark symbol in India?
No use is required for filing or registration. Indian trademark law allows one to file a trademark application in India on an ‘intent-to-use’ basis.
The owner of the registered trademark in India has to start using within 5 years and 3 months of the date of registration. If use in India has not started, the registered trademark may be challenged in invalidation proceedings.